Location: Virginia Beach
Tel : +18006882116
During the mid 1920s, with a $500 loan, Frank Wagner and his brother-in-law, Paul Dutt, started a successful business in Mt. Bethel, Pennsylvania and Newark, New Jersey, marketing live poultry and eggs. Seeing potential for the fresh poultry business in the South, Dutt & Wagner expanded to Abingdon, Virginia in 1935. Wagner and Dutt located the business in downtown Abingdon in the old Marshall Produce Company building. This became the home of Dutt & Wagner until 1966, when a fire destroyed the business and the headquarters was moved south of town, where the current facility is still located today.
In 1958, Paul Dutt left the business to the young Paul Wagner, a business administration graduate of Adelphi University. Paul’s father, Frank Wagner, passed away in 1967, leaving the management of Dutt & Wagner solely to Paul.